Music With Mrs. Tanenblatt

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Planner Tag

I can't believe that I'm already starting to plan ahead for the next school year! Summer break is a great time to regroup and get reorganized. I've done that this week by designing and creating my own plan book for 2015-16. Jennifer from The Yellow Brick Road and Elizabeth from Organized Chaos have put together this planner tag for some of us to share some details about how we choose our planners and how we keep ourselves organized.

In years past I've organized my lesson in plans a couple of ways:
  • I've used the generic Squibb's lesson plan book provided for free by my school
    (This was nice, but the planning pages didn't really suit my needs as a music teacher.)
  • I've designed a planner and had it professionally laminated and bound
    (This was awesome but expensive.)
So now, I'm customizing my own plan book but doing it in a more cost effective way: a binder! The total cost to buy the binder/supplies and print the pages was $33.70. Still not as cheap as I wanted - my home inkjet printer couldn't quite handle the workload of printing 100+ pages double sided- but it's a nice custom option that works well for me. 


Check out this video to see how I did it:




Don't forget to head over to the planner tag to see everyone else's videos!


2 comments:

  1. I really love the colors you chose! So pretty and calming :) And I agree, slimmer planners are definitely more likely to get used. I'm big on trying to keep the size smaller for portability! Thanks for linking up with the planner tag!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up Rachel! Also, I love your washi tape dispenser!! I'm officially adding that to my list of planner wants :)

    ReplyDelete