Music With Mrs. Tanenblatt

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Three Stars and a Wish {Holiday Edition 2014}

Winter break is here!!! We made it!!! I thought I would celebrate with a Three Stars and a Wish to reflect on my last few days of school before Christmas cookie-induced inertia sets in...



1. I have spent the past week doing sing-alongs with almost every grade. (PreK and Kinder being notable exceptions. I like to stick to my regular structure with them as much as possible.) Our school's number one goal for this week, and today in particular, was to ensure that every student was safe and accounted for. I'm happy to report that I had almost no behavior issues from my "usual suspects." Something about a Christmas sing-along seems to bring people together, and I just can't get enough of it!

2. Since my sing-alongs were already pre-planned for the whole week, I was able to use my planning to FINALLY get a week ahead in my plans. It's nice to have one less thing to have to think about over the break.

3. I don't want to disclose too many details yet, but another teacher blogger and I are teaming up to work on a project that could be AWESOME! We're going to Skype over the break to work it out. I'm very excited for it! If all goes well, I will share more news on that in upcoming weeks/months.

A Wish: The only grade that didn't buy into my sing-alongs today was fifth. Which was weird, because every other school I've taught, the fifth graders have LOVED this activity. I will consider it part of the learning process for me being at a different school. New school, new culture, I suppose.

I can't wait to travel home to my parents' house and celebrate the holidays! You probably won't hear from me again until January, so to all my fellow teachers out there: Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

If you would like to share your own Three Stars and a Wish, download the template here and link up! Please remember to link back to this post to share the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment