Music With Mrs. Tanenblatt

Monday, November 10, 2014

Community Building and Fitness Fun!

Happy Monday!

This weekend was probably the busiest one I've had this school year... Some highlights included winning tickets on a radio show to the DC Cooking and Entertaining Expo (SO MANY FREE FOOD SAMPLES) and running a 10K across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.


In addition to these fun activities, I also did some wonderful things with my fellow teachers this weekend:


First Annual Panda Prowl


At one of my schools, the PTA sponsored a 5K race for the first time. I love running (I also volunteer with my school's chapter of Girls on the Run) and could not wait to get involved! There was an amazing turnout of teachers, parents and students. Here I am with some other members of the cultural arts team before the race:



(I'm second from the right in this photo)

It was so great to get out and share an activity that I love with my coworkers. And as an added bonus, I won an award! I placed in my age group for the first time in a race, so I was feeling very proud.




Paint Nite

Yesterday I got together with some of the teachers from my other school and attended Paint Nite! If you've never heard of it, it is so much fun. The events are held at various restaurants so you order food/drinks and are guided through the process of creating a painting. Making art is one of my other favorite hobbies and I really enjoyed getting to know some of my coworkers through an activity outside of school. 

(I'm up there in the back row, 2nd from the left)

Whew! I can't believe I did all of that in one weekend. The best thing about it was being able to spend time with my fellow teachers outside of the trenches. We all work so hard, it is important to have fun together as well. What did YOU do this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Went to Cheesetique! ;) Looks like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete