Music With Mrs. Tanenblatt

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Five Favorite Pins of November



As November comes to a close, I am linking up with Mrs. Miracle's Music Room to share my five favorite pins. Here are some of the fun things I've found on Pinterest this month.



30+ Fun Ways to Teach Notes on the Staff

As I begin to teach/review treble clef notes with my intermediate students, I am going to be using centers. I can't wait to utilize my school's chromebooks and ipads as part of my centers and play some of these fun games. 
Percussion Clothespins Clip Activity

I love the idea of writing names of instruments on the clothespins to create a great labeling activity. This would be a great end-of-the-year review after I've taught about the instrument families.


A Have A Little Snowman

I love how the lyrics to this song are color-coded to match the boomwhackers. I just introduced my pre-k students to boomwhackers last week as we talked about melodies going up and down. I think they would really love whacking along to this fun song. It would also make a good review of colors for this age group.


Cup Game for Trepak from the Nutcracker

I'm collecting fun activities to go along with the Nutcracker to teach this December. I love how accessible the rhythms are in this activity and it will be such a great way to introduce form.

My Favorite Christmas Movie!

"Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?"

No comments:

Post a Comment