Music With Mrs. Tanenblatt

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Positive Thinking Thursday 10-23-14

I am again linking up with Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for Positive Thinking Thursday!


This week my positive thought is- believe it or not- my CART.

When I came back at the end of last summer, all set to decorate my classroom, I found out I had to give up my room and would be teaching on a cart this year. You can bet that my initial reaction was far from positive! However, with the motto "Just roll with it" guiding my actions, I have started to appreciate and- I daresay- even embrace cart culture.

The first few weeks of school, I was too embarrassed to even bring a cart with me from room to room. We did activities on the computer (it is GREAT to be in all these general classrooms that have mounted SmartBoards... something I never had in my own music room). But I knew that my kids were itching to get into more serious music-making and to do that we needed the tools of the trade: our instruments!

It started in Mid-September: I began rolling from class to class, other teachers noting that I even had a certain bounce in my step. Having my cart with me in the general teacher's classroom helps me to feel more like the space is my own; I have my own office supplies so I don't have to shuffle through the teacher's desk. I have my own organizational system in place (and when you're on a cart you REALLY need to be organized). I have a little photo of myself and my husband that makes me smile whenever I see it. It's just nice to have these things with me wherever I go.



Even though I joke about being homeless in the school building, it's more like I have a little piece of home that I get to take around with me while I share music with hundreds of kids.

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to turn lemons into lemonade! Thanks for linking up!!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete